Impress your friends and family with this Thanksgiving recipe.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and if you are cooking a whole turkey, you have enough to stress about without having to worry about all the other dishes. To ensure that your Thanksgiving ends on a sweet note, try out this easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe that your whole family is sure to love.
Rustic Apple Tart
You will need:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour for the work surface
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water for an egg wash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Open the pastry sheet and remove the paper. Fold the sheet back up. Roll out the pastry sheet, still folded, on a lightly floured surface, to an 8 by 14 inch rectangle. Trim off the edges with a pizza cutter or sharp paring knife. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Peel, core, and slice the apples to ¼ inch thick. Toss in a large bowl with sugar.
- Brush the pastry egg wash, avoiding the edges. Use a sharp paring knife to score a ¾ inch border around the pastry but don’t cut all the way through. Place the apples inside the border and dot with the butter. Bake until the pastry is golden and the apples are tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the jelly with 1 tablespoon water until melted. Brush the apples with the glaze. Serve the tart warm.
All of us at Saks Insurance Agency in Mesa, Arizona would like to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving!