Seared Tuna With Avocado Salsa
Even though summer is coming to an end, it does not mean that it is time to start pulling out all of your favorite soup recipes. There is still plenty of time to enjoy fresh summer fruits and vegetables with your meals. Try out this delicious seared tuna with avocado salsa recipe that the whole family is sure to love.
You will need:
- ½ cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- 4 6-ounce tuna steaks
Then you will need to:
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, avocados, garlic, and jalapeno together in a medium bowl.
- Combine the soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl, stirring until the brown sugar dissolves. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce mixture. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat the pan evenly with the cooking spray. When the pan is extremely hot, add the tuna steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the desired degree of doneness is reached, basting the steaks frequently with the soy sauce mixture. Remove the steaks from the grill pan, drizzle with the reserved 1 tablespoon of soy sauce mixture. Serve the fish with the salsa and enjoy!
All of us at Saks Insurance Agency in Mesa, Arizona would like to encourage you to try out this tasty recipe!