Stuffed Pumpkin With Cranberry Raisin Bread Pudding
Halloween is almost here, and while your children may be excited to fill up their bags with candy, you should be getting excited about all the fun recipes that you can enjoy with the flavors of the season. Try this delicious stuffed pumpkin with cranberry raisin bread pudding recipe that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
You will need:
- 1 3-pound pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 16-ounce raisin bread loaf, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
Then you will need to:
- Cut the top off the pumpkin, putting the lid with the stem to the side. Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and pulp, and reserve them for another use. Brush the inside of the pumpkin with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and top with the lid. Bake the pumpkin at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and brush the inside of the pumpkin shell with 1 tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Stir together the eggs, sugar, butter, half and half, pecans raisin bread, and cranberries. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake the pumpkin and bread pudding at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let the pumpkin cool and then spoon the bread pudding into the pumpkin shell.
All of us at Saks Insurance in Mesa, Arizona would like to wish you and your family a happy Halloween!