Smartphone Cyber Liability
Almost everyone who has a cellphone has a smartphone. If you are a small business owner, you know just how important your smartphone can be as a business tool. However, your smartphone can also open your business up to serious risks, including cyber liability risks. The more you rely on your smartphone for business purposes, the greater your risk of having to deal with a liability-related problem.
The most common types of security risks that you have to be aware of with your smartphone include:
- Downloading malicious attachments and apps.
- Theft or loss of unprotected smartphones.
- Visiting suspicious websites or clicking on suspicious links.
Luckily, there are many steps that you can take to help keep your smartphone and sensitive information safe, including:
- Using a password – a smartphone without a password is like an open invitation for thieves. If your smartphone is stolen, the thief will not have to do anything other than swipe your phone open to get access to all the information that they want.
- Watching your downloads – only downloads apps or attachments that come from a reliable source. If a security warning appears when you start the download, think twice about allowing the file to download onto your phone.
- Securing your data – there are many different types of encryption software that are available that will help to keep all of your data secure. You should also always have a backup file of all your information that is stored on a secure online server.
For all of your business insurance policies to ensure that you have the protection that you deserve in case of any smartphone cyber liability issues, contact the independent insurance professionals at Saks Insurance in Mesa, Arizona.