Now that the warm spring weather is here, it is the perfect time to enjoy a light and easy meal in your backyard. Try this simple and refreshing black bean and salmon tostada recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
You will need:
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 7-ounce can boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1 diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos, plus 2 tablespoons pickling juice from the jar, separated
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 15-ounce rinsed can of black beans
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 chopped scallions
- Lime wedges
You will need to:
- Position your oven racks in the upper and lower thirds in your oven. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray. Place on baking sheets. Bake the tortillas, turning once until they are light brown on both sides, and for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Combine the avocado, salmon, and jalapenos in a bowl. Combine the cabbage, cilantro, and pickling juice into another bowl. Blend the sour cream, black beans, scallions, and salsa in a food processor until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a microwave safe bowl. Cover, and microwave on high until hot, or about 2 minutes.
- Spread each tortilla with some of the bean mixture, add some of the salmon mixture, and top with the cabbage salad. Serve with lime wedges, and enjoy!
All of us at Saks Insurance Agency in Mesa, Arizona would like to encourage you to try out this delicious recipe with all of your friends and family this season!
Leave a Comment