Sending your child off to college can be an exciting, yet nerve-wrecking time. You want to make sure your child is prepared, but also has a fun experience. Here are a few things to think about that will ease your mind when dropping them off.
• Does your kid know how to do laundry? Make sure you teach them the basics.
• How will your child access their money while away at school? Will they open up a savings account and use a debit card, or start to build credit while using a credit card?
• Does your child understand the concept of budgeting? Work with them to figure out a spending plan.
Does your kid know how to set up a doctor’s appointment? If they become ill, you are no longer available to take care of them. Make sure they know how to locate a doctor that is covered under your insurance carrier.
• Have you discussed academic and personal records with your child, and how they should keep/file them?
• Go over all of the campus resources available to students at your child’s prospective school so that they will be more likely to take advantage of all of them.
• It is always smart to send your child off with a stocked first-aid kit. Even for minor cuts, a kit can be very handy.
• Talk to your child about evening safety when walking from one part of campus to the other. Consider sending them off with mace as an added precaution.
For any questions about insurance in Arizona, please contact Saks Insurance. Our experienced insurance professionals make it their mission to find you the best coverage, and the most affordable price.
Leave a Comment