Halloween is just around the corner, which means that it is time to put the finishing touches on your costume and make sure that you have enough candy for all the trick or treaters that come to your door. You should also take the time to make sure that you know how to stay safe while enjoying the holiday. Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind so the whole family can fully enjoy the holiday.
- Establish a curfew for any older children who will be trick or treating with their friends. Let them know that if they are not home by their curfew time that there will be consequences.
- Plan a route with your kids ahead of time. Choose streets that are well lit and have sidewalks to help them stay safe.
- When choosing a costume for your child, make sure that it fits well so that they do not trip over it. If their costume consists of a mask, make sure that the eye holes are big enough for them to clearly see.
- Before you allow your children to eat any of their candy, inspect each piece. Throw away any candy that is open or looks like it has been tampered with.
- If you are driving on Halloween night, slow down and stay alert. Children get very excited about Halloween and can easily run out into the street with little or no warning.
- Only cross the street at a designated crosswalk and obey all traffic signals and lights when crossing.
Having the right insurance coverage this Halloween can help to make sure that you are protected from any issues that you may face. Contact Saks Insurance in Mesa, Arizona for all of your insurance needs.