This holiday dessert recipe is the perfect way to end your holiday dinner.
With all of the delicious dishes that are on your holiday dinner table, it can be hard to save enough room in your stomach for dessert. If the traditional pies don’t appeal to you, that does not mean you have to skip out on the sweetest part of the holiday. Keep this easy and delicious holiday recipe in mind that is sure to meet any sweet tooth craving.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
You will need:
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/3 cup nut flavored liqueur, such as Frangelico
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 cups large dice cinnamon challah, about 10 ounces challah
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped and toasted
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, ½ cup sugar, vanilla, liqueur, and salt into a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth. Evenly distribute the bread and walnuts into a 2-quart baking dish, and pour the custard mixture over the bread, allowing to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Evenly spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar over the bread pudding. Set the filled baking dish into a larger roasting pan and add enough of the hot water to reach halfway up the dish. Bake until the custard is set and the top is lightly browned about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the water bath and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, and then enjoy!
All of us at Saks Insurance Agency in Mesa, Arizona would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season!