Back to School Safety
As fall gets closer and closer, you and your kids may be having torn feelings. While they are probably dreading going back to school, you may be counting down the days until you can drop them off for the day. While going back to school shopping, it is important to make sure that you know how to stay safe. Keep these back to school safety tips in mind this season.
- Slow down when driving around school areas, since there will be many more people on the roads and on the sidewalk.
- Keep in mind that while school is in session, the speed limit around schools is lower than other times of the day.
- Follow all school bus rules on the road. You are not allowed to pass a bus on either side when the red lights are flashing. Even if the lights are not flashing, make sure that there are no children walking around before you drive by.
- Give yourself extra time in the morning and afternoons to get to where you are going to ensure that you do not have to speed.
- Always walk in marked crosswalks when crossing the street. Teach your children to look both ways before they go across the street.
- Never assume that drivers see you when you are crossing the road. Make eye contact with the driver before you cross the street.
- Always use paths and sidewalks instead of walking in the street. If there is no sidewalk to walk on, walk facing the traffic and as far to the left as you can go.
All of us at Saks Insurance Agency in Mesa, Arizona would like to encourage you to keep these safety tips in mind to ensure that you and your kids have a safe this school season!